Co-Conveners: Cyrus Block 629-3309 and Carolyn Doucette
To be eligible for entry in Section J-1, all photography that requires hanging must be properly mounted and/ or framed and equipped to hang safely on peg board hooks. Oversized pieces must be pre-registered to assist with space allocation. Please cover signature.
Sub-Section – Non-Professional
A non-professional is someone who creates art primarily for their own enjoyment and rarely, if ever, sells any.
- Black and White (enhancements to correct minor flaws are permitted)
- Colour – original photo (enhancements to correct minor flaws are permitted)
- Fall Fair Theme photos. "In Simpler Times" 2017 Fair Theme. (all styles)
- Manipulated photography (digital or traditional methods of photo alteration)
Sub-Section – Professional
A professional artist is someone who actively markets their art.
Black and white (enhancement to correct minor flaws permitted)
- 5. Black and white (enhancements to correct minor flaws permitted)
- 6. Colour - original phot (enhancements to correct minor flaws permitted)
- 7. Fall Fair Theme photos. In Simpler Times (2017 Theme) (all styles)
- 8. Manipulaed photography (digital or traditional methods of photo alteration)
In general, the following scores are used for evaluating photography:
Pender Island Photo Club Trophy For most points in Classes 1-4, (non-professional) and Classes 5-8 (professional).
The two winners will share the Trophy for the year
- Good composition ......................... 30%
- Depth created through the use of perspective and proportion ...................................30%
- Shadow and light used effectively ................... 25%
- Content appropriate to the class entered .......... 15%
ALSO ENTER IN BC FAIRS MEMBERS CHOICE CATEGORY #3
BC Fairs Member's Choice Category #3 Colour Photography: Open to all Ages Theme: HERITAGE BARNS IN BC Create a montage of 3 photos each 5” x 7”. Each photo must be mounted on a 6” x 8” black backing board and connected using any style recycled material to connect the montage for display. Photos cannot be altered beyond standard optimization. Unmounted photos will not be accepted.
One entry from the Fair will be entered at the 2017 BC Fairs AGM. The winning entry will be awarded a $50 cash prize with a plaque.