SECTION N YOUNG PEOPLE
Convener: Karen Parker, 629-6936
Exhibitors in Section N must be must be 11 to 15 years of age on the day of the Fair. All artwork in this section must be mounted on a cardboard sheet and, due to space restrictions, must not exceed the dimensions 16” x 20” or 320 sq. in. Please present models on a flat surface or box to prevent breakage. Only one entry per class.
Note: Food Preservation Division has moved to Section F and Baking Division has moved to Section G
CLASS FLORAL DIVISION
- Artistic fresh flower arrangement, garden and/or wild varieties
- Dish garden
NEEDLECRAFT & FIBRE ART DIVISION
- Sewing or embroidery, handmade
- Sewing or embroidery, machine made
- Knitted or crocheted article
- Hand felted work
APPLIED ARTS & CRAFTS DIVISION
- Mobile using driftwood, seashells and/or other natural material
- Artistic arrangement of dried local material (i.e. plant, wood, seaweed)
- Jewellery, one piece
- Pressed flower card or picture
- Vegetable print design
- Hand-crafted art card
- Scrapbook - special event, double page layout, any size, 17. Candle
- Model from kit - plastic or metal construction
(e.g. Lego or Meccano)
- Model from kit - plastic or metal, hand painted
(e.g. game pieces)
- Metal craft
- Lego construction, original design, maximum base 30cm x 30cm
BC Fairs Member
- Handicraft, A.O.V.
- Handicraft, Diorama
’s Choice Category #1
Arts and Crafts
: Open to all ages.
Hand Painted Garden Trowel, max length 14”
BC Dogwood Flower
Purchase a garden trowel, using any paint type decorate the metal surface of the trowel with the BC Dogwood flower.
FINE ART & PHOTOGRAPHY DIVISION
To be eligible for entry, all, paintings, drawings and photographs which require hanging must be properly mounted and/or framed and equipped to hang safely on peg board hooks, Please make sure name is covered.
- Hand illustration of a wild flower or bird found on Pender Islands, with short comment
- Drawing, any medium
- Realistic painting, any medium
- Abstract painting, any medium
- Colour photograph, any subject
- Animal photograph, domestic or wild, black & white or colour, with short comment describing the significance of the subject.
- Art, A.O.V.
- Collage artwork, any medium
The Royal Canadian Legion Trophy
Donated by Pender Island Branch 239
For most points in Section N
BC Fairs Member
- Short story (1-2 pages)
- Poem, minimum of 8 lines
’s Choice Category #2
Arts and Crafts: Open to children 12 years and under
Mini Scarecrow, max height 14”
Recycle household materials to create a mini scarecrow to stake or hang in your garden. Wire and string can be used to construct it.