The Pender Islands Farmers’ Institute has served the people of North and South Pender Island, BC for over 70 years. It is the proud sponsor of the Farmers’ Market, the Fall Fair, Seedy Saturday and the Student Bursary.
The Institute has clear objectives:
- To improve the conditions of rural life so that settlement may be permanent and prosperous
- To promote the theory and practice of agriculture by lectures, essays, the circulation of information and other educational methods and to stimulate interest by exhibitions, prizes and other means
- To arrange on behalf of its members for the purchase, distribution or sale of commodities, supplies or products, and generally to act on their behalf inall matters incidental to agricultural pursuits
- To promote social intercourse, mutual helpfulness and the diffusion of knowledge, and to make new settlers welcome.
Regular discussion meetings on:
- Agricultural Advocacy
- Animal Husbandry
- Gardening and Soil Science
- Health and Nutrition
Meetings are open to everyone: Annual Membership – Family: $5.00.